Effective Date: October 2020
The Website is intended for users who are located in the United States of America.
1. Collection of Information.
1.1 Directly From Users. Each time you transmit information via the Website, GM Media may obtain and collect PI about you, including, but not limited to, your IP address, name and email address.
- GM Media may use clear OIF Tracking pixels to track user movement through the Website for aggregated site traffic metrics.
- A web beacon is a programming code that can be used to display an image on a web page but can also be used to transfer your unique user identification to a database and associate you with previously acquired information about an individual in a database. This allows GM Media to track certain websites you visit. Web beacons are used to track online behavioral habits for marketing purposes to determine products or services you may be interested in.
- IP Addresses. GM Media automatically tracks certain information based upon your behavior on the Website. GM Media may use this information to do internal research on its users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve you and the Website’s community. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on the Website or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on the Website or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address. For local area network, DSL, or cable modem users, an IP address may be permanently assigned to a particular computer. IP addresses are automatically logged by web servers, collecting information about a user’s traffic patterns. While an IP address does not identify an individual by name, it may, with the cooperation of the ISP, be used to locate and identify an individual. Your IP address can, however, reveal what geographic area you are connecting from, or which ISP you are using. Finally, other websites you visit from our Website have IP addresses, and GM Media may collect the IP addresses of those websites and their pages.
- Data Analysis. Data analysis technology may be employed from time through a vendor such as Google Analytics.
- New Technology. The use of technology on the Internet, including cookies and web beacons, is rapidly developing. As a result, GM Media strongly encourages individuals to revisit this policy for any updates regarding its use of new technology.
1.4. No Information Collected from Children. GM Media will never knowingly collect any PI about children under the age of 13. If GM Media obtains actual knowledge that it has collected PI about a child under the age of 13, that information will be immediately deleted from its systems. Because it does not collect such information, GM Media has no such information to use or to disclose to third parties. GM Media has designed this policy in order to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
2. Use of Personal Information.
2.2 Transaction History. GM Media also uses PIto track purchases from Offerors.
2.3 Security. GM Media’s computers have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under GM Media’s control. Notwithstanding such measures, GM Media cannot guarantee that its security measures will prevent its computers from being illegally accessed, and their PI stolen or altered.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information.
Your PI may be disclosed to third parties in the following ways:
3.1 Offerors. When you click on an Offeror’s link, you consent to our providing your PI to such Offeror so that they may fulfill your request for products or services and compensate GM Media. When you conduct business with an Offeror, certain PI such as your email and home address but not limited to, may be collected by the Offeror.
3.3 Aggregate Statistics. GM Media may disclose aggregate statistics regarding user behavior as a measure of interest in, and use of, the Website, in the form of aggregate data, such as overall patterns or demographic reports that do not describe or identify any individual user.
3.4 Complying with Legal Process. GM Media will use or disclose your PI in response to subpoenas, court orders, warrants, or legal process, or otherwise to establish or exercise legal rights or defend against legal claims or in the event you violate or breach an agreement with GM Media. GM Media will use and disclose your PI if GM Media believes you will harm the property or rights of GM Media, its owners, or those of GM Media’s other customers. Finally, GM Media will use or disclose your PI if GM Media believes it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of GM Media’s acceptable use policy, or as otherwise required by law when responding to subpoenas, court orders and other legal processes.
4. Privacy Practices of Third Parties.
4.1 Advertiser cookies and web beacons. Offerors and other companies who place advertisements on the internet generally may use their own cookies, web beacons, and other technology to collect information about individuals. GM Media does not control the use of such technology and GM Media has no responsibility for the use of such technology to gather information about you.
4.2 Links. The Website includes links to third-party websites. GM Media is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. Links are provided for your convenience and reference only. GM Media does not operate or control in any respect any information, software, products or services available on such third-party websites. The inclusion of a link to a website does not imply any endorsement by GM Media of the website, its services, its contents, or its sponsoring organization.
5. You may remove your Personal Information from GM Media’s database. You may remove your PI from GM Media’s database by sending your request to
6. Foreign use of the Website.
7. California User Consumer Rights.
California resident users have additional rights as set forth in our California Privacy Notice.